Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there??? Next: RE: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

RE: [GZG] [LST] Yahoo group; official?

From: "Jaime Tiampo" <fugugaipan@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:13:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [GZG] [LST] Yahoo group; official?

> Might be a very good idea, as it is it does look like an official GZG
> site which I don't think it really should be, now I do understand it
was
> mentioned to Jon in passing but hes a very busy bee at the minute and
> maybe didn't realise the implications of what he was agreeing too,
'what
> ohh hmm yea sounds reasonable, no that box doesn't go on the lorry,
hey
> your unloading into the wrong house', as mentioned we have been down
> this road and I think the concensus of oppinion was that it would
> alienate too many people.

Well it's SUPPOSED to look like a GZG site since it was designed to plug
INTO the official site. After I brought it up the first time I wasn't
planning on doing one since it did seem that more people didn't want it
then did, but *Jon* emailed *me* and asked me to do it so I did.

> That's not to say you shouldn't do it for those that want it, I think
> you just need to alter the site a bit to make it a little less
official
> GZG looking.	And I still think it looks good.

Well unless it's actually accepted by Jon I'm just deleting it. I have
no
intention of running a third party forum on GZGs. I just don't see it
taking off unless it was an official site off the GZG site.

I'm not trying to rock the boat for the sake of rocking the boat. I got
ASKED to do it by Jon. I believe in the project, I think forums are a
hell
of a lot better for these uses the email lists but I'm didn't do this
for
me.

And now I'm going to stop before I get mad.

Jaime

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Anyone out there??? Next: RE: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums