Prev: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: [GZG] [OT-LST] Mail list vs. Forums: Google

Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad...

From: Peter Thoenen <eol1@y...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:03:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad...

> I tried that at first, but two things made it less then helpful. One,
> not everyone uses the same subject title sequence, thus subjects I
> would have liked were filtered out. Second, it still ment I had to
> try and follow replys accross many emails, rather then in one place
> like on the forums.

Actually what I am starting to wonder is once again a generational gap.
 Are the people having difficulty using or following the mailing list
using webmail? (the most god awful invention ever).

Most modern (as in post 1986) email clients that do honest to god email
(you know, POP and IMAP) do threading, filtering, and all sorts of
goodies that solve all the problems I am hearing.  Many even use fuzzy
logic in threadings to match subjects where the subject line isn't
exactly the same though based on content, sender, and times it grasp's
that it is the same thread (and also does subtreads within threads).

Seriously.

I can't imagine anybody using a email client having the problem
described on this list.  And no webmail, Outlook Express, and Opera's
builtin email client are not email clients.

I am geniunely curious.  I have hard time grasping anybody reading
email (period, even professionally in work) as one monolithic list
based on send time.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Next: Re: [GZG] [OT-LST] Mail list vs. Forums: Google