Prev: Re: [LST] Mail list vs. Forums Re: Anyone out there??? Is this puppy up? Call me bad... Next: [LST] Berkeley is working again....

Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

From: "Roger Books" <roger.books@g...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:46:28 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [LST] Mail list vs. Forums

however...

Has anyone considered moving this to Yahoo or Google Groups?

Advantages:

  Can be e-mail or read on web pages.
  Automatic Archiving.
  Excellent searching, especially with Google.
  Easier for a new player to find.

Disadvantages, we would all need to switch.

I like lists.csua, but that's mostly because I have been involved with
lists
on that server for many years.

Roger

On 7/10/06, Jaime Tiampo <fugugaipan@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:

> > By the way, I seem to be having trouble with my sign on to the
forum;
> > don't
> > think I got an email reply-to-confirm.
>
> I'm looking into that. It's an odd issue since the base program and
the
> signup has been tested in the past. It might be one of the many email
> bounces that I'm receiving in my inbox right now (you get that when
you
> run a lot of forums)
>
> As a reply to the Forum vs List debate.
>
> Yearts ago I was quite the active member on this list, and at one
point I
> was on SOOO many lists (almost 3 dozen) (by product of a volunteer
> position I took on) that I had to stop receiving this one just to cut
down
> the traffic. Now it was a big loos since I couldn't keep up with the
> community.
>
> What would have saved me was having all the major discussion lists I
was
> on as forums. Being someone who is considered an "old timer" when it
comes
> to the Internet I still prefer forums for things like this list. It's
far
> more concise, easy to use, organised, searchable, and moderatable.
It's