Prev: RE: Anyone out there??? Next: Re: Anyone out there???

Re: Anyone out there???

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:33:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Anyone out there???

On 7/10/06, David Rodemaker <dar@horusinc.com> wrote:

>   Brian Burger wrote:
> No, it's not just you. I'm currently on at least 15 mailing lists -
maybe
> 20, I've lost count - with about half being active (usually including
> GZG-L), and I don't have any trouble keeping up with them all.
>
> I've noticed that I have trouble keeping track of more than two or
maybe
> three active forums at once, though, and even at the forums I remember
> visit, I hit one or two sub-forums per visit and mostly ignore the
rest.

> Mailing lists are simply far easier to keep track of than even the
> best-designed webforums, IMO.
>

> I have to agree with this entirely, and I find the general trend
towards
> webforums very frustrating.

I have to set my vote in for the email list.

The forum page you have Jaime is quite nice. But I find that it is far
easier for me to keep up with an email list than a forum browsing. As
noted
earlier, I have to take an active action to go look at forums, browse
all
the topics, see what I might or might not be interested in reading, then
later remember what I've read and responded to, etc. A mailing list I
find
to be far far easier to manage.

Now, that said, if the GZG player resource pool were exceedingly
massively
huge, and there were hundreds of msgs a day coming through, then I'd
vote
forum (even though that would mean my participation would be cut
drastically
due to the earlier-outlined reasons). But given the number of posts that
currently go through the email list, I think a forum is unwarrented for
the
time being.

Mk

Prev: RE: Anyone out there??? Next: Re: Anyone out there???