Prev: Re: [FT] FB vs Homegrown designs Re: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: RE: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:35:03 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

>> I'd want PTorps and missiles and other weapons to have the chance to
do crits also, which is why I was saying "6 damage in one >> attack". I
would like to be able to target specific systems, at
>> least to some extent--I'd like to be able to order "aim at their
drives" or "don't hit the cargo pods", although you might have to be at
close range and/or lower your chance of "hit anywhere" to get a higher
chance to "hit specific target"

Noam said:
>Each has his own tastes, but to this I say "Blah!" Use Needle Beams to
hit specific targets (and good luck on that!).

YMMV, but I really dislike having needle beams as a separate system. I'd
much rather give some kind of needle-like ability to a normal weapon.

> The directed attacks described above give exacerbate the "Big Ship"
problem, since they are more likely to be able to muster the 6 points
needed all at once than smaller ships.

Not at all. I said six points of damage by one weapon, not by one ship's
firepower. So if a Ptorp or an individual salvo missile rolls a 6, or a
heavy missile does 6+ on its 2d6, or a a beam die gets two reroll 6's,
then it gets a chance of a crit. If you roll nineteen beam dice and all
of them roll sixes and then roll 5's on their rerolls, then no
individual beam die did 6 points so you dont get a crit. Ideally you'd
roll beam dice per weapon, but I'd rather rollthem in a bunch and I
assume most other people would as well.