Prev: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: "Tim (Flak Magnet) G." <flakmagnet@f...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:56:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

On Thursday 06 July 2006 05:11 pm, laserlight@verizon.net wrote:
> >In some ways, that what it feels like to me against the Markgraf,
even. Or
> > the Ark Royal.  Average hulls and more than 10% in armour is brutal
> > chew through, and even weak hulls seem incredibly durable with 2
screens
> > and 5% armour.
>
> I'd still like some kind of critical hit which doesn't require chewing
> through all the hull. Just off the top of my head, let's say that if
an
> individual attack does 6+ points of damage, you roll onthe crit table
for
> that ship. Results might be "lose all portside weapons for 1 turn" or
"lose
> 1 Thrust until repaired" or "steering problem, must turn starboard
until
> repaired" or such.

How about something like:  For every beam-die re-roll that does damage
make a
thresh-hold check for one non-core system, chosen by the attacking
player.
Can represent commands like "Target their forward batteries".  Granted,
you
still have to do hull damage to the enemy ship, but you don't have to
chew
the ship to tatters to take out some piece of equipment.

Tim (Flak Magnet) G.
Flak Magnet's Miniatures
www.flakmagnet.com

Prev: RE: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam