Prev: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

From: Hugh Fisher <laranzu@o...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 18:56:51 +1000
Subject: Re: Critical hits (was Limits on armour?)

laserlight wrote:

>I'd still like some kind of critical hit which doesn't require
>chewing through all the hull. Just off the top of my head, let's say
>that if an individual attack does 6+ points of damage, you roll
>onthe crit table for that ship. Results might be "lose all portside
>weapons for 1 turn" or "lose 1 Thrust until repaired" or "steering
>problem, must turn starboard until repaired" or such.

I really like the Full Thrust threshold checks as opposed
to just about every other critical hit system I've ever
seen because they don't occur very often.

Rolling for criticals on every hit, or every hit that does
X or more damage, is much harder to balance. If criticals
occur slightly too often, too many games get decided by
the criticals.

Try playing 'A Call to Arms' from Mongoose Publishing as
an example.

	cheers,
	Hugh

Prev: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam