Prev: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam Next: Re: RE: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

From: "Roger Books" <roger.books@g...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:36:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Limits on armour? and Full Steam

It's only a problem if you play custom fleets.	If you play custom
ships...

Human weapons are usable by any fleet.	Throw those P-Torps on that ESU
cruiser and
shock your opponent.

We had 4 players with different fleets.  The house rule was you had to
play
the same
designs versus everyone.  It kept design balanced.  You can accomplish
the
same
thing by allowing complete redesign every time so you don't know what
you
will be facing.

Roger

On 7/6/06, McCarthy, Tom (xwave) <Tom.McCarthy@xwave.com> wrote:

>  >> snip
>
> It's rock/scissors paper time.
>
> Put them up against K'rvak or P-torps.
> >>

> I accept rock/paper/scissors because it costs me no time and money to
win
> or lose because of an incorrect choice before the game starts.
>
> When a choice involves spending $400 CAN on models, 12 hours to clean
and
> assemble and 12 hours to paint and base them, 2 hours to make up the
forces
> and scenarios, and 4 hours to play the game, I don't like losing
because of
> a rudimentary fleet design decision (ref.  ECC Can/Am FT battle).
>

> And I sure don't want the next printing of FB1 to say, "These are the
four
> major powers of the FT universe.  Given equal point values, expect NSL
> beat NAC 90% of the time, FSE to beat NSL 90% of the time, ESU to beat
FSE