Prev: Re: Fighter Fixes was Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Re: Fighter Fixes was Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Re: Re: Fighter Fixes was Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:31:08 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Fighter Fixes was Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

>From: Robert N Bryett
>That's one reason why I keep banging on about the evasion mechanism
eating away at the CEF of heavy missiles.

How about if HM got a bit more CEF? I agree with you that I'd like HM to
be long range weapons, not just channelizing (or as OA	put it
"battlefield shaping") weapons.

>you have to invest heavily in PDS <snip> FCS are more versatile than
PDS though, so the effect might be less marked.

I think you'll still want to bring some PDS, but you won't need as many
as you do now.

RBrett said:
>In our admittedly limited experience, that depends a *lot* on the
>target's thrust rating.

And the velocity. A Thrust 6 ship poking along at speed 4 isn't as safe
as a Thrust 2 ship at speed 24.