Prev: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update Next: Re: Fighter Fixes was Re: Re: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:29:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [GZG] Revised Salvo Missiles Update

I pretty much agree with laserlight here.  He's said it more eloquently
than
I have:  they're _missiles_.  Missiles have guidance stuff.  This
strikes me
as especially strange when we have other solid-projectile weapon
mechanics
that can hit more accurately at longer ranges despite the complete
absence
of either guidance or post-firing propulsion.  (Namely, just about
everything the Kra'Vak use.)

This is all I'm really interested in either -- we should have a lock-on
roll
based on ECM of some sort, perhaps a central guidance for the salvo at
large
and then perhaps a second one for how many missiles within the salvo
hit.
I'm not saying we shouldn't still allow salvo missiles to just plain
miss.
They should, on occasion.  I just don't buy that something that's
presented
to us as "missiles" should have a "spray and pray" aiming mechanic.

EF