Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: gpthic imperail convertion Next: Re: Re: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

Re: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:59:57 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

>From: J L Hilal
>However, we set up most games as parallel-converging

IME those tend to turn into mutually-closing pretty rapidly--which is
what you'd expect when fire arcs are centered around F arc. Do you tend
to use broadside arcs?

>I was just being conservative in my proposal by keeping the existing
range envelope.

No problem, I had two concepts in mind for those two proposals:
a) 6mu/Endurance gives you a pretty easy way to change the max range for
a missile. There's no reason ESU and NAC and FSE and so foth all have to
have the same performance/range. And if you're out at the edge of your
powered envelope, your chance of hitting should go down.
b) the 18+18 suggestion was originally put forth by someone else, but it
offered and interesting idea--on the first turn, your missiles launch
after ship movement, so they can seek their intended targets if you're
close enough (and your ship won't overrun its own missiles); on the
second turn things are handled as they are now for SMs

  I am trying to fix the parts of the SM mechanics that bother me, not