Prev: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions. Next: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

From: J L Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 17:47:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Revised Missiles (long) was Re: [GZG] Heavy missile questions.

--- laserlight@verizon.net wrote:

> >From: J L Hilal
> >REVISED MISSILE RULES PROPOSAL
>
> Most of this seems workable. I'd suggest:
>
> a) all missiles (salvo and HM) launch after ships move, and thus can
attack
> their intended targets if they're close enough. Perhaps have 6
endurance
> points, each of which is good for 6mu movement--not necessarily all in
the
> first turn. Unused END could be used for terminal attack maneuvers,
more or
> less as you suggest.

Whether it is done as EF or the way I proposed are both fine with me.

However, I would not want multi-turn missiles as long as they are
prohibited
from carring V from turn to turn; they will simply be left behind in
actions
with a higher base V.  The second thing to consider is the number of EF.
 Your
suggestion of 6EFx6MU results in a powered envelope of 36MU, 50% larger
than
either my proposal or the FB1 SMs.  I suspect that that would further
alter the
game balance of the 3 MASS system.

Finally, I would hope that the place of MTMs/beta-HMs would be taken by
the
larger classes of SMs, resulting in a clean spectrum without a big break
in
capabilities, powwer, or game mechanics

> b) delete the FCS tracking stuff for simplicity's sake.

Thats fine, but I'd want to keep the limit that FCS used for actual
launches
are commited to that target for the rest of the turn.