Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] One-Week-Only Offer! Extra FREE ships with FT orders! Next: Re: [GZG] Menacing "Baa"

Re: [GZG] [FT] Particle Cannon

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 09:28:20 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Particle Cannon

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 08:16:21PM +0100, Matthew Tope wrote:

>The particle beam damage die is read in the same way as an attack
fighter
>die, 1-2=0, 3-4=1dp, 5-6=2dp. There are NO RE-ROLLS on a natural score
of 6.

Mean damage = 1 (as opposed to the 0.8 of a beam die), 25% bonus.

>Against armour 1dp hits are soaked up by any available armour. 2 point
hits
>destroy one armour box, the other point is inflicted on the next armour
>layer/hull as appropriate.
>
>Vs Screens: (Not too sure if this is being handled correctly),
>Level 1 screen, 1-3=0, 4=1dp, 5-6=2dp.

Mean damage = 5/6 (vs 0.6), 39% bonus.

>Level 2 screen, 1-3=0dp, 4-5= 1dp, 6 =2dp.

Mean damage = 4/6 (vs 0.4), 67% bonus.

It is unfortunate that this weapon is so much more effective against
screened targets. Lots of weapons ignore screens already...

I'd be more inclined to use your "level 2 screen" progression for level
1 screens (still giving an 11% bonus over beam batteries), and drop
another point (0,0,0,0,1,2) for level 2 screens (25% bonus). That would
make the weapons slightly overvalued at 4xMASS.

Prev: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] One-Week-Only Offer! Extra FREE ships with FT orders! Next: Re: [GZG] Menacing "Baa"