Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Clean Up the Posts (Was Ping) Next: Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:24:51 +0200
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question

Noam Izenberg wrote:

>Several years ago, pre FT-Java, I played in a vector Bring Your Own
>Fleet PBeM game with custom ships. I can't remember the NPV value,
>but it may have been on the order of 3000. I designed my ships around
>Beam-6's. If I recall correctly, I had a total of 14 B-6's in the
>fleet, with two ships loaded with PDS+ADFC. No other fleet got close
>enough to me to even fire, much less do damage. I don't think I let
>any ships get within 48 MU of me.

Wasn't that the multi-player battle where each player had one specific
other player as his objective (until that target had been destroyed when

they switched to the next victim, etc.)? As I recall part of the reason
for
your success was that the player that was supposed to go after you got
nailed by the player chasing *him* early in the battle, and your next
would-be nemesis was way out of position to catch you... or was that
another battle?

>I would not play vector against a beam-5 fleet with any Fleet-book
>standard ships

I wouldn't take Fleet Book-standard ships against *any* custom-built
fleet
in FB1 or FB2 Vector...

/Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Clean Up the Posts (Was Ping) Next: Re: [GZG] FT Beam5 Question