Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Missile Counters Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Clean Up the Posts (Was Ping)

RE: [GZG] [DS 2] Alternatives to infantry miniatures in DS 2

From: "CS Renegade" <njg@c...>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 23:57:04 +0100
Subject: RE: [GZG] [DS 2] Alternatives to infantry miniatures in DS 2

Thats.. certainly at the opposite end of the spectrum from
those posters who are trying to think up symbolic figures in
order to eliminate counters from their battlefields.

> How many dismounts are on the board on a "average" game?

Infantry and dedicated APCs generally make up less than a quarter
of a typical force in my group, but it's rare for more than half
of those to be dismounted at any time. An APC company that can't
get to a good infantry position (typically a road through a built-
up area) before the two sides engage generally sits in reserve
until a situation arises where its supporting weapons might make
a difference. In the latter cases it's rare for the infantry to
dismount.

Nathan "buzz-bomb" Girdler

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Missile Counters Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Clean Up the Posts (Was Ping)