Prev: Re: [GZG] Orbital mechanics (was List-iquette (was Ping)) Next: Re: [GZG] Ping

Re: [GZG] [DS2] design rules versus miniatures was Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 13, Issue 36

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 08:11:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [DS2] design rules versus miniatures was Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 13, Issue 36

I would either make the Hound Dog size 2, or ignore it.  For what it's
worth, I have a couple of Reversco Tiger XIIs (regunned with OGRE main
battery barrels) and I use them as a Class 4 assualt tank.  For class 5,
would use some of those larger battletech tanks, or an OGRE Mk I.

I haven't actually seen a Hound Dog up close and personal, so I'm not
sure
what to recommend specifically for that model.	I have some old Games
Workshop Imperial Guard robots that I'm converting into Class I infantry

walkers.  Then again, I don't plan to carry them in tanks. ;)

John

--On Monday, May 29, 2006 7:59 PM -0700 Glenn Wilson
<warbeads@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Okay, looking at the design rules versus the GZG
> miniatures...
>
> First I assume that DSM-139, AT-71 Hound Dog Infantry
> Walkers means that these are supposed to represent
> class 1 vehicles (page 14) in size.
>
> Soooo, a class 5 (Very Large) vehicle should be able
> to have a WPN-5 (whatever type for 15 cap. points,) an
> LAD for 2 cap. ponts and 8 cargo cap. points.  This
> should take 1 class 1 vehicle at 8 cap. points per
> class for transport space.  In other words, one class
> 1 Infantry walker.
>
> Sooo, I use the EUREKA OUDF GRAV Tank (EM-1 IN
> Catalog) as a small Class 5 with the description above
> ( FGP, MDC-5, GEV) for the 'bad guy' UNSC force I have
> designed to play 'referee' for the completed NPC
> (Native People's Circle,) LLAR-LIRA (the alternate
> history on the web,) the IC, and PHR (People's Holy
> Republic) forces.
>
> Matching these vehicles to the Hound Dogs makes me
> think "No way  they could carry these."
>
> Since I use the Brigade Models figure in much off my
> forces as class 1 through class 4 I see where I need
> to increase the size of my vehicles substantially for
> class 5 to accommodate these Infantry walkers or go to
> a different set of guidelines for walkers and class
> values.
>
> I see the Reviresco Days of Empire Tiger XII tanks as
> large as or slightly large then the Eureka tanks but
> they also seem to lack the space needed.  The even
> larger Reviresco U.E.S. Marauder tanks also seem too
> small for the class 1 infantry walkers to be carried.
> Maybe it's the walker figures that need re-sizing in
> my games.  Maybe the Battletech Power Armor figures
> should be Class 1 (that looks better) and the Hound
> Dog more like a class-2 or class-3 (oops, need house
> rules here - maybe something like Jeremy Olsen's
> Advanced Walker/Mech Rules for Dirtside 2; except they
> class GZG  Infantry walkers in class 1 {between 1/4"
> and 5/8" tall.} )
>
> So, what's the 'solution'?
>
> Ignore the figure apparent size?
>
> Use the GZG Infantry Walkers as Combat Walkers?
>
> Find something even bigger then the 2 1/8" x 1 5/16" x
> 5/8" to top of hull [ 3/4 " to top of forward limited
> traverse turret; 1 " to top of upper - command
> cabin/Missile launcher - turret] Marauder?
>
> Something (please elaborate) else?
>
> Gracias,
>
>   Glenn Wilson

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: Re: [GZG] Orbital mechanics (was List-iquette (was Ping)) Next: Re: [GZG] Ping