Prev: Re: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions... Next: Re: Re: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

Re: Re: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

From: <laserlight@v...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:25:39 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Re: RE: [GZG] Fighter rules Questions...

Doug said:
>House rule could be massaged, I'd think. How about the full number of
anti-fighter missles deploy into a squadron, and then each rolls to hit?
If that's BEFORE fighter defense, I'd think it might be worth including
in a large missle bay.

Generally a SM is overkill on a destroyer, and a fighter group is worth
about the same as a destroyer, which is why I say that shooting an SM at
fighters is wasteful.
The other problem is timing. Fighters move after SM so you'll never hit
the fighters--unless you mix the anti-fighter SM with a batch of normal
SM that the fighters are obligated to attack. You might force teh
fighters to burn an Endurance, but using a SM is an awfully expensive
way to do that.