Prev: [GZG] 15mm Dirtside Next: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire - new minor power

Re: [GZG] 15mm Dirtside

From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@a...>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 21:32:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] 15mm Dirtside

Hi Peter,

I don't do 15mm, so take anything I say with a grain of salt. :)

I think that you need to make the determination of what to do about
ranges
based on the size of your table, the terrain density, and how quickly
you
want units to get into battle.	If you want faster action (and DS can be

slow!) use a bigger modifier.

John

--On Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:04 PM -0400 pcelella <pcelella@comcast.net>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've been lurking here for about a year or so, but I'm presently
thinking
> of trying out Dirtside in 15mm and have a few questions.
>
> Could I just use the distances and ranges just as is with 15mm
figures?
> Could I modify the distances by a factor of 1.5 or 2.0, and if so,
which
> would be better?
>
> Thing is, there is a group of guys that I game with that I'm hoping to
> get them to give Dirtside a try. Some are ex-grognards who are playing
> simpler games, and the latest rage in the club is Flames of War. I was
> hoping to do Dirtside (with the chit replacement system), company
sized
> actions on an approximate 6' x 4' table. I was also planning to base
the
> infantry on standard Flames of War bases. I was figuring that the more
> could make the game look like FOW, the better chance I would have of
> recruiting players.
>
> Does this seem like it would work? If so, wouldn't such a modification
be
> a great way to get new players into Dirtside.
>
> Thanks all
>
> Peter

John K. Lerchey
Assistant Director for Incident Response
Information Security Office
Carnegie Mellon University

Prev: [GZG] 15mm Dirtside Next: Re: [GZG] Holy Roman Empire - new minor power