Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Habitable solar systems (Was: [GZG] Real Astroplitics) Next: Re: [GZG] Habitable solar systems (Was: [GZG] Real Astroplitics)

Re: [GZG] Habitable solar systems (Was: [GZG] Real Astroplitics)

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:25:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Habitable solar systems (Was: [GZG] Real Astroplitics)

I found this on quick Google-ing, but nothing more recent from Landis...

http://powerweb.grc.nasa.gov/pvsee/publications/venus/VenusColony_STAIF0
3.pdf

Very interesting, but I gather the densities calculated are 'dry' gas,
without the fairly abundant water vapor I think is present at even this
altitude. Still, less than the mile-wide geodesics envisioned for
earthbound floating cities. Given Mars' thin atmosphere, I don't think
you
could ever work a proper trade-off.

Good thing we have liftwood. ;->=

Thanks for the pointer!