Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT]New NI Beta designs, Kineret class Light Carrier Next: Re: Re: [GZG] Inviso Kra'vak

[GZG] Habitable solar systems (Was: [GZG] Real Astroplitics)

From: Robert N Bryett <rbryett@m...>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 09:13:48 +1000
Subject: [GZG] Habitable solar systems (Was: [GZG] Real Astroplitics)

A human habitable *solar system* doesn't need to have human habitable
*planets*. Any star-faring culture could build large orbital habitats
around any suitable star. In that context, systems with hot stars
pumping out lots of energy for solar collectors etc. and large
asteroid belts would be preferable. Gas giants (and their moons?)
would be excellent sources of resources too, if one could find a way
to mine them.

So how about a decentralised "pelagic" society in the Tuffleyverse?
Motto: "Leave the gravity well alone!"

Best regards, Robert Bryett
rbryett@mail.com