Prev: [GZG] RE: Jump limits (Was: RE: Flags neede) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: [GZG] Inviso Kra'vak

[GZG] [FT]New NI Beta designs, updates to refect GZG Minis.

From: Noam Izenberg <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 10:05:34 -0400
Subject: [GZG] [FT]New NI Beta designs, updates to refect GZG Minis.

I've meant to post this for a while, and have not yet updated the NI
test page yet, but I wanted to put a more "mapped" version of the
Chalutz Chalal heavy battleship up. The original Chalutz Chalal has
long range weaponry (Long range P-torps) and a pair of fighter
groups. It was modeled somewhat after the Space Battleship Yamato
(sans missiles), mainly because I was introduced to Star Blazers
while in Israel back in 1980. The translation of the anime series was
"Space Pioneers" or Chalutzei Chalal.

However, the GZG mini for the Heavy Battleship (FT-1511) has no
obvious fighter bays. So an alternate design is probably more
appropriate. In this case the Chayal Cochavim ("star soldier)

Chayal Cochavim class Heavy Battleship
FT-1511
Chayal Cochavim = Star Soldier
TMF: 170
NPV: 627
Hull:50 (17/17/16) 9 Crew
Armor: 5
Main Drive: 4
FTL
3 Fire Controls
4 PDS
7 Class 2 Beam Batteries (2xAP/FP/F, 2xF/FS/AS, 3xall arcs)
3 Long Range Pulse Torpedoes (AP/FP/F, F/FS/AS, AP/FP/F/FS/AS)

for reference, the original design was:
Chalutz Chalal class Heavy Battleship
FT-1511
Chalutz Chalal = Space Pioneer
TMF: 170
NPV: 627 + Fighters
Hull:50 (17/17/16) 9 Crew
Armor: 5
Main Drive: 4
FTL
3 Fire Controls
4 PDS
7 Class 2 Beam Batteries (2xAP/FP/F, 2xFP/F/FS, 2xF/FS/AS, all arcs)
2 Long Range Pulse Torpedoes (AP/FP/F, F/FS/AS)
2 Fighter Bays

Another issue from the minis, the Kineret light carrier is pretty
much equally massive as the Chalutz Chalal, but the current design is
20 mass lighter. This could reflect the more open design of fighter
bays, or it could imply that the Kineret should be more heavily armed/
armored than it is, making it more like a light Attack carrier. I'd
appreciate opinions on that. The current Kineret is:

Kineret class Light Carrier
FT-1113
Kineret = Another name for the Sea of Galilee in Old Israel
TMF: 150
NPV: 550 + Fighters
Hull: 42 (14/14/14) 8 Crew
Armor: 7
Main Drive 4
FTL
2 Fire Controls
4 PDS
4 Class 2 Beam Batteries (2xAP/FP/F, 2xF/FS/AS)
1 Pulse Torpedo (FP/F/FS)
4 Fighter Bays

Another 20 mass could upgrade the P-torp to a Long range P-torp (AP/
FP/F/FS/AS), add a couple B1's of B1s for additional point defense,
and increas arcs on two fo the B2's to 360.

N-ohm  (Variable Resistance)

Prev: [GZG] RE: Jump limits (Was: RE: Flags neede) [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED] Next: [GZG] Inviso Kra'vak