Prev: Re: [GZG][FT] Flags needed Next: [GZG] Real Astroplitics

Re: Subject: Re: [GZG][FT] Flags needed

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 16:51:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [GZG][FT] Flags needed

ed
Nyrath wrote:
> Izenberg, Noam wrote:
>> As for the Sayeed planets, One of them should be one link away from
>> the system that links to New Jordan and Tzfat.
>
>	Roger that.  GJ 1004 is one jump from New Jordan and Tzfat.
>	For the second I'll choose the neighbor BD+60°124.

I think that works. GJ 1004 may be have the "closest" links, but
they're still over 10 parsecs each - a rather long jump , which means
that the SK meddling with NI and vice versa is not quite that easy.
It also means that New Jordan was part of the SK, rather than the IF.
Probably NJ represents the secular end (or at least the less rabid
religious end) of the _SK_ spectrum, and when it cut out of the SK,
it got consequently more insular and tightened. I'm beginning to see
an Islamic version of the Honorverse's Masada in the SK.

I think SK Navy elements would be Mainly IF in build, but more aged.
"New" SK ships (after IF/SK split) would probably use IF plan forms
but have slightly divergent designs - more "low tech"?

What are the canon sources on how far/fast can ships jump? Is Jumping
instantaneous or does it take finite time? Is there a hyperspace
speed or distance-per-jump limit? Are there different lanes or
"bands"? I know there are no canon restrictions about hyperlimits and
such - though they are often used in house systems.

---

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Of course,
so does falling down a flight of stairs.     -	    Richard Doty

Prev: Re: [GZG][FT] Flags needed Next: [GZG] Real Astroplitics