Prev: Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game? Next: Re: Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game?

Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game?

From: damosan@c...
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:17:18 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game?

From: TooMuchSakeMan <gzg-l@toomuchsakeman.org>
> I'm always curious why so many gamers think that future engineers
would
> design control systems that allow pilots to '"double their output" but
burn
> out their engines' when no engineer now would be allowed to create
such a
> design. Same with ships with insufficient power to run all their guns
> unless they risk burn out, et al.

You don't think a Thing is built for Range A-C in Real Life but has the
capability to be pushed a bit further?	I can tell you that back in my
Arty days our guns were designed for a typical charge -- but there were
allowable charges that would extend the range quite a bit.  The side
affect?  The gun would be locked backwards and have to be sent for
repairs.

Anywho my stuff was simply for racing purposes -- giving players a
chance to "turbo" about.  Redlining and all that...

--
Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game? Next: Re: Re: [GZG] FT as a fighter combat game?