Prev: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] A question for canon GZG universe Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Strategic Campaigns?

Re: [GZG] [FT] Strategic Campaigns?

From: Ah Clem <ahclem@a...>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 14:23:50 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Strategic Campaigns?

I've been toying with the idea of using Dark Nebula as a basis for a
campaign game.	I thought using 4 or more of the randomly placed
geomorphic (astromorphic?) maps would make it more interesting.  The
ship design could be adapted from PP.  Has anyone tried this?

At 10:56 AM 4/22/2006, you wrote:
>If one wanted to make a full strategic campaign
>set in the Full Thrust universe, what game would you use?
>
>I'm currently examining one called
>Victory by Any Means Campaign Guide
>http://www.vbamgames.com/products/
>which looks quite good.  However I have not actually
>played a game using it.
>
>I did have fun back in 1977 with an out of print
>game called Star Empires
>http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/13415
>but that game has some serious problems.  Nothing
>that can't be fixed, but it needs some play testing
>and tweaking before it is playable.   But while
>I have a copy, it is almost impossible to find.
>
>I suppose a game like	Stellar Conquest could be adapted.
>However, it has a very simplistic technology and economic
>model, and is also very out of print.
>
>Any others?

Best Regards,
Bob Yeager

Prev: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] A question for canon GZG universe Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Strategic Campaigns?