Prev: [GZG] brainstorming Supertrooper maintenance issues Next: Re: [GZG] Re: FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

[GZG] [FT] Strategic Campaigns?

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@p...>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:56:03 -0400
Subject: [GZG] [FT] Strategic Campaigns?

If one wanted to make a full strategic campaign
set in the Full Thrust universe, what game would you use?

I'm currently examining one called
Victory by Any Means Campaign Guide
http://www.vbamgames.com/products/
which looks quite good.  However I have not actually
played a game using it.

I did have fun back in 1977 with an out of print
game called Star Empires
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/13415
but that game has some serious problems.  Nothing
that can't be fixed, but it needs some play testing
and tweaking before it is playable.   But while
I have a copy, it is almost impossible to find.

I suppose a game like  Stellar Conquest could be adapted.
However, it has a very simplistic technology and economic
model, and is also very out of print.

Any others?

Prev: [GZG] brainstorming Supertrooper maintenance issues Next: Re: [GZG] Re: FMARPG [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]