Prev: Fw: [GZG] [FT] Does anyone know this group in Hawaii, and/or can you id the ships? Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] The latest in 15mm..... :-)

Re: [GZG] [FT] PAU-IF Invasion route

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@p...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:29:13 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] PAU-IF Invasion route

John Brewer wrote:
> The PAU & the IF are closer that it appears on the Full Thrust Empire
Map...
> http://www.projectrho.com/ft/FTLinkMap.gif
>
> The Pan-African Union & the Islamic Federation look to be on opposite
> sides of the known universe, but it's an abstraction caused by a 3-D
map
> rendered in 2-D.
>
> Using the GZG star list with planetary data...
> http://wam.umd.edu/~ddr/
>
> I found the listings for the PAU & the IF.  Only 2 systems are listed
> for the PAU & 5 of 6 for the IF.  I'm guessing that system Gl 370 is
> marked on the Empire Map as New Zimbabwe.  And that the systems of the

> Islamic Federation are Gl 438, Gl 506, LTT 5455, Gl 453, & Gl 432 A.
> Using a trig equation provided by Winchel Chung...
>
> DIST=SQRT[ (X1-X2)^2 + (Y1-Y2)^2 + (Z1-Z2)^2 ]
>
> I found that Gl 370 (New Zimbabwe) & Gl 438 (New Persia - I think) are

> only 3.4 parsecs from eachother.  If I'm wrong, the next nearest is Gl

> 432 A, which is 3.85 parsecs.  Both are only 2-3 jumps away for
military
> ships.

	Yes, I know.  They are about 3.4 parsecs apart.
	I congratulate you on correctly applying the
	equation, I have not run across many who bother.
	(or who are not terrified by square roots)

	The links you found are shown in
	http://www.projectrho.com/ft/FTnoncanonWork4d.pdf
	(where the IF is experimentally moved closer
	to New Israel).

	(You do know I am Winchell Chung, don't you? <grin>)