Prev: Re: [GZG] Sculpting was: Re: 15mm Phalon vehicle recommendations? Next: Re: [GZG] FT but off the wall and a little OT]

Re: [GZG] FT but off the wall and a little OT]

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@e...>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:18:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT but off the wall and a little OT]

Doug Evans wrote:

>Not sure what you mean, though I found this site has a rather drawn out
>comparison of ST to SW. Purely bogus, IMNSHO. However, he states it's
>slightly tongue-in-cheek.
>
>http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/
>
><snip>
>Unfortunately, any fictional ship starts from it's own set of
assumptions
>that probably won't match any others.

Yes, but the above referenced site discusses more than just ships. The
site has essays ranging from political systems to command and control.
Let's face it, an empire that spans a thousand thousand worlds, can
communicate instantaneously on galactic distances, and has the technical

ability and political will to build a space station capable of
destroying a planet with a single blast of energy, would be able to wipe

out the United Federation of Planets in short order.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

“Musical compositions, it should be remembered, do not inhabit
 certain countries, certain museums, like paintings and statues.
 The Mozart Quintet is not shut up in Salzburg: I have it in my
pocket.”
	-Henri Rabaud