Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-) Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)

[GZG] [FT] NAC campaign setup

From: "John Brewer" <jbrewer@w...>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:30:46 GMT
Subject: [GZG] [FT] NAC campaign setup

Unoffical NAC Fleet Roster...
http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/nac_roster.html

the Full Thrust Empire Map...
http://www.projectrho.com/ft/FTLinkMap.gif

and the GZG star list with planetary data...
http://wam.umd.edu/~ddr/

I had it in my mind to put them all together as part as a "pre-Kra'Vak"
campaign game.	I could'nt try it until I got a printer with high enough
REZ to read the fine printing on the Empire Map, and even then I need my
reading glasses & a magnifying glass.

Even though the Fleet Roster is "Unoffical", there is the temptation to
use it for no other reason than it saves time & labour.  And I doubt
that I could do a better job than Indy at consorting the Royal Navy
together.

I have taken the Fleet Roster and consorted them into 6 anchorages in
systems that cover as much of NAC colonial territory as possible.
According to the Empire Map, the systems chosen lie neighboring NAC
systems so that anchorages can send patrols and support other anchorages
with reenforcements.  And 5 of the anchorage systems have a
strategically important facet - remote gas giants, so that refinery
ships can service task forces on patrol without wasting time on system
ingress & egress jumps.

The fleet roster on campaign setup is as follows...

(You might want to tweek this as you see fit, I'm trying to find the
right balance of forces for reasons I will explain further on)

CD-27.14659 - GL  785 (ESU Frontier)
Heavy Battle Squadron - Valley Forge
Carrier Battlegroups - Ark Royal, Endurance/Vinson Massif
Cruiser-DD Groups - 9, 13, 16, 31
Destroyer Squadrons - 2, 8, 15, 22, 31, 35

Delta Pavonis - GL 780 (Santa Maria - I think)
Heavy Battle Squadrons - Normandy/Vistula, Eiger/Denali, Antietam
Carrier Battlegroups - Victorious/Yorktown, Intrepid
Cruiser-DD Groups - 6, 10, 14
Destroyer Squadrons - 3, 7, 11, 14, 26, 36

Fomalhaut - GL 881 (Rimward Frontier)
Heavy Battle Squadron - Annapurna
Carrier Battlegroups - Agamemnon, Forrestal
Cruiser-DD Groups - 2, 12, 22, 26
Destroyer Squadrons - 1, 5, 21, 23, 25, 34, 41

CD-23.17699 - GL 884 (Rimward Reserve)
Heavy Battle Squadron - Shiloh
Carrier Battlegroups - Lexington, Nimitz, Illustrious/King George V
Cruiser-DD Groups - 4, 5, 11, 18, 19, 25
Destroyer Squadrons - 13, 19, 27, 33, 43, 44

CD-26.12026 - GL 663 A (Coreward Frontier)
Heavy Battle Squadron - Agincourt
Carrier Battlegroups - Independence, Connestoga
Cruiser-DD Groups - 7, 8, 15, 20
Destroyer Squadrons - 4, 6, 9, 16, 17, 24, 29

Chi Draconis - GL 713 AB (New Hope, again I think)
Heavy Battle Squadron - Richmond
Carrier Battlegroups - Enterprise, Prometheus, Invincible/Matterhorn

Cruiser-DD Groups - 1, 3, 17, 21, 23, 24
Destroyer Squadons - 10, 12, 18, 20, 37, 38

You may notice that Fomalhaut & the Rimward branch has less naval
tonnage than elsewhere in the NAC.  Fomalhaut borders on New Israel
territory, which the NAC has good relations.  It is enough, should the
ESU try to invade through NI, and the NAC move up to support NI to repel
the invaders if requested.

Heavier tonnage is found Coreward, as it borders on the Islamic
Federation & the Alarishi Empire - Nations described as unstable at
best.

The tonnage at the anchorage in GL 785 may seem a bit light for a force
to contend with the ESU, but it possesses 3 significant strengths - the
Valley Forge, the Ark Royal, and Admiral Shane "Hammer" Valens!  The
anchorage's weakness is that it has no remote gas giant, so it must
import fuel from the gas giant at Santa Maria.

The reserve anchorages posses more tonnage than the frontier anchorages
because they not only support the frontier anchorages but the Santa
Maria anchorage when it needs to send reenforcements to the GL 785
anchorage.

I tried to distribute the groups & squadrons so that all the branches
have close to an equal access to specialized ships like battlecruisers,
escorts, light carriers, tin can carriers, & needle beam cruisers.

As always, I invite your comments

JBrewer@webtv.net

"Always strive to be a good person.  If you can't do that, at least
strive to be someone other than an asshole."

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-) Next: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] More news on 15mm..... :-)