Prev: [GZG] Funny thing, only worth mentioning because it's so quiet Next: RE: [GZG]Hello [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

[GZG] Hello

From: "James Hiegel" <james.hiegel@u...>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 08:35:40 +0900
Subject: [GZG] Hello

Hi,

I've been lurking on the list for a few weeks now and I thought I should

introduce myself.  I am a US soldier stationed in Okinawa, Japan and I
play
Warhammer 40K, Full Thrust and now Dirtside II.  I've been playing Full
Thrust for about 2 years now, when I PCS'd to Japan I was playing
Battlefleet Gothic.  When some of the other guys in the local gaming
club
introduced me to Full Thrust I switched over instantly (I used to hate
the
fact escorts died in 1-2 hits, plus having a design system for custom
ships
rocks!) Lately I've been getting agrevated more and more with GW over
their
codex creep.  I'm an Ork player, so no shiny toys (or new codex) for me,
not
that I care I still win over half my games (Choppas rule, ;-)).  So I
downloaded the Dirtside II rules and played the first scenario in the
back.
This was after scouring the net for cardstock buildings and vehicles to
print and assemble.  I must say once you run through a couple of turns
the
game is faster than 40K, I like the chits and markers system.  I got my
first few models from GZG monday and finished up a few last night.  Once
get my infantry painted I'll play another game and take some photos.
I'll
be running a demo game this weekend for my gaming group and hopefully I
can
get some other interested.  Personally, I think the smaller scale will
draw
some interest as fire & maneuver plays a bigger part in 6mm scale than
28mm
(40K).
Link to my Full Thrust stuff::
http://www.table-top-warriors.com/FT.htm
Link to my Dirtside II stuff:
http://www.table-top-warriors.com/DSII.htm

V/R
James Hiegel

Prev: [GZG] Funny thing, only worth mentioning because it's so quiet Next: RE: [GZG]Hello [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]