Prev: Re: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum Next: [GZG] dafrca's new vehicles arrive.

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG 15mm SF VEHICLES!!!! :-)

From: Indy <indy.kochte@g...>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:33:59 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] GZG 15mm SF VEHICLES!!!! :-)

>  Thanks for the feedback, Indy - glad they arrived safely!
>
> Since you're among the first folks to receive some, any first
> impressions on them? Genuine comments welcome, not just gushing
> praise (unless that's how you really feel of course...)  ;-)
>

> Okay, having now opened each of the bags, here's me being picky.
>
> I give the Brigade resin vehicles I've picked up over the years a 4.3
on a
> scale of 0-5 (where '5' is absolute perfect - not even the barest
amount of
> flash to trim).  (I give Brigades metal vehicles 4.75). I give DLD
> vehicles (also resin) a 4.5.
>
> I give these a 4.9.
>

>  Thanks Indy, high praise indeed!  :-)
>
> Fancy scribbling a brief review on TMP....?  ;-)

If I find my login info again. :-/

I'm glad there are photos online so I can know exactly how the fiddly
bits
> should be mounted. :-)
>

>  Have you decided what options are you going for on the Cougars -
which
> main gun, and the PDS or one of the sensor suites?

Too many choices...brain hurt....<whimper>

For anyone who is familiar with the FOW vehicles, the bodies of the
Cougar
> and SLAM vehicles (which are the same body) have similar length/width
as the
> Tiger 1E tank.  They just don't sit quite as high. :-)
>

> They also fit rather nicely on the "large" FoW bases, if you're one of
> those folks who like to base vehicles (I do with all my 15mm WW2
stuff). The
> light tanks and APCs will fit the medium bases, the MBT/SLAM and
Guncrab on
> the large ones.

Whereas I'm one who likes my vehicles' treads and tracks to *feel* the
terrain I am requiring them to operate on. :-)	No bases for me (for
most
things; motorcycles and the like tend to get based, but just so they
don't
get knocked over)

Mk

Prev: Re: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum Next: [GZG] dafrca's new vehicles arrive.