Prev: Re: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum Next: [GZG] [SGII] Demonstration/initiation scenario tips

RE: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 10:41:58 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum

I don't think radiation is as large an issue to PSB, as humans and
Kra'Vak have to deal with the same issue and will probably do something
like have light-weight or active shielding against radiation.  The
Sa'Vasku could incorporate lead or other dense material into their
shells for "space travelers" while "planet dwellers" would be
transported in special compartments that had additional shielding.

If I understand correctly creatures such as the mayfly uses things like
pebbles and sticks bonded with some type of glue to form a protective
casing.  The Sa'Vasku could do something similar to bind large plates
together with their equivalent of spider silk.	At a base chemical level
I don't know if there is a whole lot of difference between a natural
polymer (spider silk) vs. a synthetic one (kevlar), but if such
synthetics are adequate for modern spacesuits, I would think the natural
ones would work just as well.

--Binhan