Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Mines Next: RE: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum

RE: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:13:38 +1100
Subject: RE: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum

G'day,

>  After all, the difference between temperatures and pressures found in
> the deepest trench, or active floor vent, and the near surface of the
ocean
> could be seen as extreme as between sea level and outer space....

Problem is I can't think of a single large bodied (over say 8-10cm total
size) that can come up from the abyssal plain, let alone trenches and
survive. They tend to pop, or invert (nothing like having you insides
out to kill you off). That's ignoring cellular level damage that occurs
on exposure to vacuum.

> I suppose I'm lucky not to be burdened with training and knowledge.
;->=

Bit why I can live with FTL ;)

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Re: [GZG] Re: Mines Next: RE: [GZG] Biology in a vacuum