Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 39 Next: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 39

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:12:17 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 39

On Mar 16, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Allan Goodall wrote:

> I haven't tried the DS3 mechanics (I sold off my GW 6mm figures ages
> ago and haven't painted up the others I have), but I find the rules
> with the telescoping time scale intriguing. I suspect that younger
> players accustomed to real-time strategy games on the computer --
> where you can advance and compress time -- might have less of an issue
> with it.

I've seen the telescoping timeframes used in naval games (Harpoon to
be exact) and it always kind of weirded me out.  The concept does
make sense though.

Part of me says that telescoping timeframes are good for LARGE table
games but much less important for a 3x3 or 4x4 table.

Damo

Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 39 Next: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q