Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX Next: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: Oerjan Ariander <oerjan.ariander@t...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 17:25:31 +0100
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

John Tailby wrote:

>>An SG2 turn is nominally 5 minutes, so with a 2.5-minute DS3 turn
you'd
>>get 2:1 crossover games instead of the current 1:3 cross-overs... and
>>Full Thrust game turns can represent anything from a little over a
minute
>>to upwards of 20 minutes depending on who you ask :-/ (FWIW the FT
time
>>and distance scales I prefer are 1 turn = 100 seconds, 1 mu = 100 km,
1
>>thrust = 10 m/s^2)...
>
>You can launch a squadron of fighters or land them and then rearm them
in
>a turn or 2 300 seconds to turn around a squadron of 6 fighters is
pretty
>quick.

Sure. Race cars can be serviced in less than 15 seconds during pit
stops,
and there's no real reason why space fighters couldn't be rearmed about
as
quickly - which leaves 4+ minutes for docking and re-launching out of
those
300 seconds. Whether or not that's realistic depends entirely on your
assumptions about docking tractors, launch catapults etc.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ariander@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX Next: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q