Prev: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX Next: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX

Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:20:45 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX

On Mar 15, 2006, at 11:48 PM, Mark Kinsey wrote:

> I don't think Stuart is a list member, so I'm wondering if anyone
> who was in either of his games could clue me into any rules changes/
> shortcuts that Stuart uses to move the game along. I know from
> watching Stuart in action he's a stern taskmaster (which is a good
> thing if everyone is having fun and the game moves along quickly).
> but there's got to be more to it than that.

I played in Stuart's sunday morning game and it was a hoot (even
though my side lost).

The basic idea is that you're playing a DS level game using SG.
Instead of moving individual figs you're moving fireteams.  Each
fireteam can take two wounds with a third wound killing it.  You
activate a platoon at a time intead of a squad.  Each fireteam has
two actions and can do different things.  In our game that normally
meant the missle teams moved into position and let loose with a
volley of rockets.

Platoons would activate, become suppressed, etc.  Individual
fireteams would be damaged or would die.  Each platoon had something
on the order of 9+ stands depending on type and equipment.

Just think SG2 but go up a level and you have the basic idea.

Damo

Prev: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX Next: Re: [GZG] Stuart Murray's Games at GZG ECC IX