Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:48:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 laserlight@verizon.net wrote:

>> The 2nd DS3 game at the recent ECC was finished in less than *1* full
game turn - the defenders' morale collapsed before all the attacking
units had had a chance to activate even once...

> Which seems a bit odd.  I'd rather have a game which usually goes 4-6
turns, I think, and perhaps shorter turns, although I confess I don't
know how I'd do that.

Well, there *could* have been more turns if folks hadn't just jumped
into
combat. ;)  Recon can take a few turns if it's done at all.  One
additional issue is that hidden units/sighting rules have not been
fleshed out, so recon is still not a necessity.  Assuming that in order
get a better feel for where to do a push, you sent in recon units and
needed multiple activations for each of them, you could quickly eat up a

turn or two before sending in one or more companies to hammer the foe.
That said, I find that in many cases recon becomes an activation or two,

if it's done at all. ;)

> Which reminds me, on Friday night at ECC we had a unit in Company B
break, and the morale penalty was applied to the whole force (ie company
A and the HQ platoon). Is that the way we should have done it, or should
it only have applied to Co B units?

I'll let OA be definitive on this one, but my guess is that I screwed
up.
How I intereperet this now is that you had:

HQ
Company A
Company B
Company C (or something like that)

If a unit in Company B breaks, it should immediately cause stress for
all
of Company B, but unless Company B breaks, the other Companies and HQ
should not be impacted.

John

Prev: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q Next: Re: Re: Re: [GZG] DSIII q