Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 26 Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

Re: [GZG] DSIII q

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@v...>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 19:10:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

> To get around this I simply turned the Crossfire game into a team
> exercise-- each player on a side has their company of infantry or
platoon
> of tanks (or whatever) but they as a side determine who will activate
> next.

I don't think you've quite hit what Grant is concerned with.  It doesn't

matter how you divvy up forces or decision-making between players--if
most
of the evening is one firefight between Red's 1st Platoon and Blue's 3rd

Platoon, then everyone else is going to be out of the action for most of
the
evening.

I think, however, that as people get experience with the game, they'll
realize which side of the firefight is likely to be the losing side, and

they'll go ahead and pop smoke, or take cover, pretty quickly. Not
always--I
saw a couple of units in the Friday night game which shouldn't have
gotten
involved in a slugfest--but they died pretty quickly too.

Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 26 Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q