Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting? Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q

RE: [GZG] Interesting?

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:37:38 -0700 (MST)
Subject: RE: [GZG] Interesting?

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Also on a similar topic. With UAVs now able to stay up so long are
> satellites losing their military relevance?

It's mission dependent from what I've heard.  As others have said on the
list, satelliets are still better for long time monitoring and other
missions.

And can someone tell me how many UAV's have been shot down over Iraq and
Afganastan?  I've heard news reports of at least two but no idea on the
latest number.	 No one has claimed responsibility for shooting down a
satellite yet.	;-)

Mike

Prev: Re: [GZG] Interesting? Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII q