Prev: Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions Next: [GZG] [GZG-ECC] Picture Uploads

Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 15:14:27 +0000
Subject: Re: [GZG] FT 2+FB rules questions

>OA wrote on 03/05/2006 11:55:32 PM:
>
>>  David Stokes worte:
>***snip***
>>  >Core Systems: If a core system like life support has been
>>  hit and is
>>  >scheduled to go out in some number of turns, does it take
>>  threshold checks
>>  >again at further thresholds?
>>
>>  Good question. AFAIK the rules don't specify this
>>  (normally you don't make
>>  threshold checks for damaged systems), but I'd say yes.
>>
>>  >If so, how is it handled? Do you roll again for how
>>  number of turns?
>>
>>  Again, I'd say yes.
>
>I guess I assumed no because I didn't see otherwise; OA's suggestion
does
>make more sense. However, while there's always the very thin PSB that
>further damage might 'shake things into place', I'd suggest that any
>further rolls only shorten, not lengthen, the time.

As a "semi-official" answer - at least until we decide how to confirm
it for FT3 - I'd say that you can take your pick between three
options (ie: agree this as a house rule between all your players
before the next game):

1) Don't check again, first time-to-failure stands.

2) roll again, but only take the new result if it shortens the time
to failure. Ignore it if you get the same time or longer than
previously.

3) Second failed threshold means immediate total failure (remaining
emergency systems knocked out).

Jon (GZG)