Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII

Re: [GZG] DSIII

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 06:47:51 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] DSIII

Jon Davis wrote on 03/03/2006 03:27:11 AM:

> > For the show, I packed the infantry into VHS tape boxes
> lined with
> > foam.  They feel a bit too flimsy to me, and I worry
> that they'll pop
> > open. Thus, the pistol cases.

Have you looked into school pencil cases? Some have latches a bit better
than VHS boxes, and are enough bigger to make a difference. However,
STILL
not as good as pistol boxes. I'm afraid the one big advantage to Evil
Empire(tm) cases is the chance SOMEBODY will recognize the logo.

For bigger bucks, Crystal Caste has hard cases that look far more like
salesman sample cases. Personally, I always wanted to try converting a
makeup case, with appropriate MAJOR revisions to the look of the
exterior.
;->=

As you can find them in thrift shops for $1-2US, and easily fill with
foam,
they would definitely be cost effective.

> The pistol cases makes excellent storage for 15mm or 25 mm
> figures also,
> but there are some issues with them.	A few years ago we had two
> Lancaster Police officers come to the convention and walk
> around.  They
> were pleasant and patient, but we think that someone saw
> all the pistols
> cases and had the Poilce come over to check us out.
>
> :-)

At least you didn't get Beth's 'she's not a terrorist, she's a geek'
reaction.

Also, did you try to get them interested? We've a few local officers
that
have become quite interested in the hobby, though, given our shop, it's
been mostly EE(tm).

> It sure beats having the woman evangelist or the homeless
> guy come through.

I'd give you an 'amen, bruddah', that plays into one of the problem
folk...
;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] DSIII Next: Re: [GZG] DSIII