Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 4 Next: RE: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 11, Issue 4

RE: [GZG] [SG2] Terrain layout

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 16:26:28 -0700
Subject: RE: [GZG] [SG2] Terrain layout

I don't think Desert terrain has to be flat with extensive sight lines -
in fact you get almost as much variety of features as you do in
Temperate region.

Instead of rivers or creeks, you have dry riverbeds or gullys, instead
of hills you have sand dunes.  You are also more likely to have rock
outcroppings (rough terrain) and cliffs in a desert environment.  Sand
dunes can top 50 feet in height, and can turn a board into a labyrinth
with twisting passages and dead-ends.

Then you can have temporary effects like sand-storms, dust clouds or
dust-devils which can obscure vision.

--Binhan