Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 38 Next: Re: [GZG] Re: OT: Rant, DLD being as slow as dogsnot.......long

Re: [GZG] Re: OT: Rant, DLD being as slow as dogsnot.......long

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:47:19 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: OT: Rant, DLD being as slow as dogsnot.......long

Funny, I don't recall seeing the original of the note; I haven't seen
ANYONE on this list complaining. Closest I can recall were a few words
as
to whether your enterprise had gone under. And the usually strong desire
see everything you produce in three-if-not-more scales...

I think we're all pretty aware of the ways of small businesses.

When I mentioned I'd bought into a game store, and others tried to
dis-abuse me of any get-rich visions I may have had, what I HADN'T
mentioned was the business model included no profits to owners for at
least
one year, and I'm pretty sure none for two. Heck, I'd be happy with
return
OF investment in my lifetime, not mentioning return ON investment...

Now, I'm pretty sure I can find places to put several thousand dollars
where I'll see at least close to matching inflation, that doesn't
involve
me cleaning a bathroom once or twice a week while listening to
complaints
about how folks are put out I chose THAT moment to clean, and, by the
way,
the store doesn't give out enough freebies...

We're crazed; some folks will just have to deal with it.

Oh, I also recall you already saying you'd be missing ECC. At least some
folks have fond memories of you there previously. *sigh*

This looks to be the first summer in ten years that I won't be attending
either Origins or GenCon.

The_Beast

Prev: [GZG] Re: Gzg-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 38 Next: Re: [GZG] Re: OT: Rant, DLD being as slow as dogsnot.......long