Prev: Re: [GZG] A scratchbuilt Ringworld/Halo Next: [GZG] Hello!

Re: Re: [GZG] A scratchbuilt Ringworld/Halo

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:31:31 -0800
Subject: Re: Re: [GZG] A scratchbuilt Ringworld/Halo

Well, my take on all of this goes about the same as my take I had on
planets
when I used them.

Ships can be on a bigger scale than planets, asteroids and other
celestial
objects because they're simulating a blown-up sensor picture that you
see on
a viewscreen anyway, whereas the ship itself only occupies a tiny dot in
the
middle of the model on the table/floor.  Whereas asteroids and/or
planets
can occupy the entire area and don't need scaling on a Mk. I Eyeball's
HUD.
If the middle of the ship passes anywhere within the asteroid or
planet's
radius, it's probably dead.

This allows you to use anything from basketballs to round stool cushions
as
planets while you use Micro Machines or GZG miniatures as ships, and
lava
rocks or other stones as asteroids, and you don't have to worry about
comparative scale.

Hence, the Halo they've got there works just fine for me.

My own $0.03 (two cents plus inflation)