Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006 Random Observations Next: Re: [GZG] [ECC] [FMASheep]

[GZG] Re: Measurement units

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@e...>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 11:55:22 -0500
Subject: [GZG] Re: Measurement units

Ground Zero Games wrote:

>> Too bad we don't have 10 inches to the foot. But in any
>> event, FT wasn't written in the US .... :-)
>
> I still like the inch as a measurement unit for tabletop gaming, which

> is why I (and a lot of other UK rules writers) still use it. It is
> large enough to not be fiddly, relatively simple to eyeball, and suits

> miniature sizes well.

Yes, it's a great unit to use for minis gaming. For those who just can't

handle the fact that there are 12 inches in a foot, there are decimal
measuring sticks and tapes out there. They're marked in feet, but each
foot is divided into ten subdivisions. Your MU would be 1.2 inches, but
your math would be really easy.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

“The art of quotation requires more delicacy
 in the practice than those conceive who can
 see nothing more in a quotation than an extract.”
		-Benjamin Disraeli

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006 Random Observations Next: Re: [GZG] [ECC] [FMASheep]