Prev: RE: [GZG] [ECC] [FMASheep] Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006 Random Observations

RE: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again

From: "McCarthy, Tom \(xwave\)" <Tom.McCarthy@x...>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:04:57 -0500
Subject: RE: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again

This reminds me a bit of the Heavy Beam Weapon troubles in EFSB.  A
lucky roll was incredibly devastating, and just because a battle played
out as balanced in 10 playtests, nothing stopped one reasonably lucky
roll from ruining the game when you played it at the convention.  The
cascading hull failure rule was a compounding/related issue.

In general, I'd move to see grasers and salvo missiles both do lower,
more predictable damage.  The suggestion to halve the MASS of a graser
is a decent one.  So is the idea of doubling the number of dice, but
rolling D3 for each hit (or D6 for each pair of hits, but that skews the
average damage).

Actually, halving the MASS of launchers, magazines, and racks for salvo
missiles and reducing the damage per missile might be good.  But I don't
think it fits at all with what Jon last mentioned he was thinking of for
salvo missiles in FT3.

Prev: RE: [GZG] [ECC] [FMASheep] Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Cancon 2006 Random Observations