Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again Next: [GZG] [ECC] [FMASheep]

Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again

From: "laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:51:17 -0800
Subject: Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again

> > And yes I know that the megahits really don't occur that
> > often. But it is human nature to remember bad luck and
> > exaggerate its frequency, and to pay more attention to
> > spectacular but low probability happenings.

Which is why we remember the UN capital ship which won
initiative with an ORC in F arc at range 3 mu.	Fired 4
grasers...no damage.

Yeah, it sucks to be the one in front of a set of grasers
when they're having a good day.  But that's the same
reaction people had to SMR, and to Kra'Vak when they first
came out. We might want to add a line or two of text to the
weapon description that lets people know that *on average*,
grasers are about as effective as the same points of
beams--and sometimes you have good rolls and sometimes you
don't.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [FT] Graser-1s again Next: [GZG] [ECC] [FMASheep]