Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding

Re: [GZG] Full Sail 2.0

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:36:15 -0600
Subject: Re: [GZG] Full Sail 2.0

TomB wrote on 01/20/2006 10:58:08 AM:

> A minor terminology point for Daryl:
>
> Demasted, although possibly gramatically correct, does not
> seem to be the term I hear
> frequently when reading about age of sail. They seem to
> use the term dismasted. You may
> want to amend your terminology to seem more salty... ;)

Thanks! There was something itching in my consciousness, but I just
couldn't figure what!

> I'm going to review the rules, compare them with Rod
> Langston's Tiller and Whipstaff or
> his Signal Close Action fast play rules and see if any
> additional critiques or suggestions
> arise.

Do you have a link with any info on these? Can't seem to find even
descriptions.

> It's a good effort though. Of course, as a vector player
> who can't fly cinematic to save
> his life, I see my ships ending up on reefs.

Seriously? I thought all the talk about 'realism' was a cover for a
rules-for-babies 'tude; never thought that a vector player could have
near
as much trouble with the original as I have with the vector! ;->=

Of course, I've often cranked up a ship only to drop off the 'edge' of
space with my favored ruleset. Definitly NOT being patronizing here!

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding Next: Re: [GZG] John's Shipbuilding