Prev: Re: RE: FT Scenarios (was: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems) Next: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

From: The Man in Black <mib.zero@g...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:26:54 -1000
Subject: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems

>  but as a simulationist as well I reject
> random VPs or player assigned VPs that do not reflect
> some sort of actual likely situation.

As a dramatist, I don't even mind if the VP situation is unlikely, but
there
SHOULD be some sort of situation. Context is important for a game to be
emotionally engaging.

*simulationist - gamer that tries to use games (even
> science fiction games) to model real-world or
> real-thinking creature events and actions.  For them
> the fun is seeing what happens when you game events
> given these rules.

Dramatist: - gamer that tries to use games to model fictional
characters,
events and actions. For them the fun is immersion in another universe,
even
if it requires perpetuating absurd cliches.

The Man in Black is : Kenneth Scroggins