Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: Re: [GZG] Hyperspace?

Re: RE: FT Scenarios (was: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems)

From: The Man in Black <mib.zero@g...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 10:12:31 -1000
Subject: Re: RE: FT Scenarios (was: Re: [GZG] Re: Points systems)

> Though dice tables would work, I do still like the card system;

DICE TABLES:

Cheap
Easy to make, Easy to modify.
Saves time
Produces essentially the same effect as cards

CARDS:

Expensive
Takes significant time and effort to make (even if pdf printed)
Allows mission secrecy (loose lips explode ships)
Can look really cool.

I'd suggest some combination of the two.

> So should the mission cards carry deployment guides as well, or is
> that too restricting?

Deployment guides can be absent from some missions, optional for some,
and
mandatory for others.

VIP IN CREW:
> One of your mid-sized ships (your choice, but cannot be the smallest
> or largest class you field in this battle) has among its crew a young
> member of the Royal Family or a favoured Minister's son/daughter;
> this ship MUST be deployed on the table and cannot exit the table
> unless crippled, or the entire fleet withdraws. If this ship is
> destroyed, YOU LOSE regardless of other mission objectives.

I'd want to put the VIP on a fighter escorted shuttle to the strongest
hulled ship I had ASAP.

>>Obviously, this isn't a system that will suit everyone -
>>specifically, those who love their munchkinised fleets will hate it

You stop hating on the Lollipop Guild's merchant convoys. Don't be a
Vader-Hater just because you can't beat the Imperial Star Destroyer or
the
Glinda Class Cruiser.

The Man in Black is : Kenneth Scroggins
Novus Ordo Seclorum : Annuit Coeptus : E Pluribus Unum
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/maninblack/dg.html

Prev: RE: [GZG] Re: Points systems Next: Re: [GZG] Hyperspace?