Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game

Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

From: "Mike Hillsgrove" <mikeah@c...>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 20:06:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all.....

Being mostly an historical gamer, point systems have no value at all to
me.
Never in the history of human endeavor has a General concerned himself
with
having too many points.   So, my concern with this is entirely
playability
and reality (in terms of physics).  I also would prefer predesigned
ships
from ship books to eliminate the min-max and soap bubble garbage that
unscrupulous players can come up with.	In my opinion, when GZG releases
ship miniature, the appropriate ship status sheet should be available.

I'm also of the opinion that in a fleet game, simplicity is the key.
Rather
than complicateing the matter with many multiple systems, dozens of
weapons,
etc, a single PDF rating or the largest guns available on a particular
ship
given size and technology would be a better game design improvement.

I would also like to see more "technology" in terms of teck levels.  The
better the Teck Level, the smaller and more powerful the systems
available
on the ships.  A few high tech Ancient ships should be able to trounce a
larger number of lower tech newbies in space.	To balance the fights,
well
crafted victory conditions and adjusting the numbers are in order.

Prev: Re: [GZG] [OFFICIAL] Question to you all..... Next: Re: [GZG] [FT] Plotless Full Thrust game